This post may contain affiliate links, for which we earn a small commission at no additional expense to you. Click here to read our Disclosure.
For travel fanatics like us who live and dream travel, we are suddenly finding ourselves unable to do the thing we love the most during this pandemic and quarantine. We aren’t researching trips, scrolling through Instagram for trip inspiration and we aren’t travelling. In fact, we don’t know when we will be able to travel again, which is a bit depressing.
Many are using their time at home to spring clean and take on long overdue house projects. If you are like most travellers, you take lots of digital photos while you travel, but they end up sitting on your hard drive for years. It is time consuming to sort and edit photos and turn them into photo books or prints.
At our house, we are using the time to sort our photos and create photo books of past trips. I have even put my tween to work and she is loving looking at old photos and using her design skills. We have long been fans of Mixbook to create yearly family photo books, trip photo books, calendars, prints and gifts. We have tried a variety of online photo book sites in the past, but Mixbook is the best photo book site for us.
- high quality photo book printing, plus calendars, cards, and home decor items
- their software is easy to use and highly customizable
- American company, but they ship internationally
- they provide good customer service
- while prices may seem expensive, they always have good promotions running
- you can add photos from your computer, phone or social media posts
- there is an auto-fill option where the software does all the work for you, once you upload the photos you want to use
- Mixbook software is most like a digital scrapbook where you can add stickers, text and clipart, to make the best photo books online
- they have a ton of themes to suit any type of book or trip
- can work on a book collaboratively with multiple people
The mixbook software is what sets it apart from the competition and allows you to create the best photo books. Their photo book maker software is easy to use, but at the same time, allows for incredible customization. You can easily edit photos, add clip art and stickers, change layouts, add text, change backgrounds and more.
We make 1-2 family yearbook style books per year that include everything we did that year. Sometimes we make separate photo album books for big trips we have taken.
I love pulling one off the shelf and being transported back to that particular trip. It is also really satisfying to have some concrete way of viewing all of the travel photos we spend time taking.
Get Started Making Your Photo Book
Head on over to Mixbook and start you photo album online. If you want a great looking photo book quickly, select your style, upload your photos and select the auto-complete option and presto, your book is ready to be printed. If you want more control over your photo book, you can style each page. The software is easy to use and very intuitive.
We are currently working on a 2017 book and it has been fun to look through the photos of our time in Australia. My goal during the pandemic is to get caught up to 2020 with our photo book collection. It is so rewarding to see your photos in print and have these wonderful memories all in one place.
Save this for later! PIN it to Pinterest!